Sunday, January 3, 2010

Mini Egg Popups

So I've seen various recipes for egg popups in a mini muffin tin all over the place. These looked great and I had finally gotten my mini muffin pan and decided to try it. Baker's Secret Basics Nonstick 24-Cup Muffin Pan.

The end result was very yummy and something the husband and I really enjoyed. Our 2 year old son, not so much but that was mostly due to me making him a chocolate chip mickey mouse pancake lol.



Mini Egg Popups:
5 Eggs
1/4 cup fat free skim milk
1 tsp Kosher salt
7 twists of pepper from a mill
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbs bacon bits
1/4 cup italian blend cheeses

Preheat the oven to 350.

Mix the eggs and milk in a bowl. Once that is mixed very well add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder and mix again. Lastly add in the bacon bits and cheese.

Grease the pan and fill the muffin cups 1/2 way full. Use all of the mixture. Next add some extra bacon bits, and cheese to the tops of the egg mixture.

Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Let them cool for about 5 minutes before taking them out of the pan.

These come out light and airy, very flavorful and are the perfect size. There were enough left overs that I can bring these to work for breakfast. My husband mentioned that they may not last that long because he wanted to munch on them all day.

I would say that these would be even better with some type of sauce other than the normal ketchup or hot sauce but I am not sure what type to try right now. Any suggestions?





1 comment:

  1. This my sound really stupid, but have you tried an organic sugar-free jelly? Just a little smiggen to get your sweet and savory fix. If you like let me know! I am always looking for new ways to cook old favorites!
    MissTracy24 from MyOh

    ReplyDelete