Saturday, January 2, 2010

Spaghetti Burgers

Last night we couldn't decide what to have for dinner. We knew we wanted something with a lot of meat but what? Finally, hungry and impatient, I went into the kitchen to concoct dinner. I came out with spaghetti burgers. This could also be called, left over burgers, because that is what is really was.

I had two thawed out pub burgers, left over spaghetti squash, italian shreaded cheese blend, spaghetti sauce and minced garlic. Topped it with some home made garlic bread, spaghetti sauce and lettuce and you get a great burger that shocked my hubby with it's yumminess.




The Burger:
2 pub burgers broken apart into a bowl
1 cup of spaghetti squash
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
1/4th cup italian blend shreaded cheese

Mix together with your hands and form 6 burgers. Cook in a frying pan.

The Toppings:
Home made bread. This allows me to cut the size slices I want. For me the slices are very thin, for my son and hubby they are normal sized slices.

The bread was toasted, sprayed with "i can't believe it's not butter" spray and sprinkled with garlic powder, then topped with a little bit of spaghetti sauce.

The burger was topped with some more italian blend cheese and it was allowed to melt on the burger in the pan. On the bread the burger was topped with lettuce to add a nice crunch.


These burgers were so tasty and my son ate them with out realizing he was getting some veggies as well. I was able to eat a whole burger in about an hour, however, only half of these burgers fit on the bread and I only had 2 thin slices of bread. I used lettuce as the bun topper.

No comments:

Post a Comment